Another fun technique we did with reinkers at my last class was the shaving cream technique. This is a little bit messy, but has a great result! To do this technique:
- Fill an embossing tray or paper plate with shaving cream (foamy, not gel)
- Smooth it flat with a plastic knife
- Place several drops of reinker in your chosen color on the shaving cream
- Swirl the reinker through the shaving cream with the tip of a knife or fork
- When you are satisfied with the look, lay a piece of glossy card stock on it, glossy side down
- Press the glossy card stock down, and leave for a minute
- Remove and wipe off the shaving cream
- Enjoy your beautiful creation!
Here is the card we made at the reinker technique class. Want to learn how to do this and other great techniques? Contact me to schedule your class today!
Eve had fun playing with the shaving cream too. She made the same size piece as me, but turned it into something entirely different. That’s the beauty of stamping! You can always put your on personal touch on things! (Eve’s 6, by the way)
Stamps: Loads of Love, Loads of Love Accessories
Ink: StazOn Black, Rich Razzleberry, Melon Mambo, Crushed Curry
Paper: Bermuda Bay, Melon Mambo, Whisper White, Glossy White
Accessories: Designer Label Punch, Watercolor Pencils, Shaving Cream